The Profile AC-2 Hub is Profile's newest hub and has the type of specs that racers crave. For starters, the cassette driver is unique as it allows for changeable P.O.E. (points of engagement). The hub driver comes standard with 6 pawls and springs. This option offers 96 P.O.E. -Maximum engagement. The other choice is to use just 3 pawls and springs. P.O.E. is reduced to 48 and minimal drag is achieved. This is a rider preference choice and both have a unique sound! Use your timing system to tune your hub for the hill you're racing on.
* Note: For options and upgrades on these hubs, hit us up at LUXBMX Help
Here are all the features of this new hub from Profile Racing!
* The AC-2 hubs use 20mm Angular Contact bearings with a wave spring pre-load. Bearings are pressed into tapered cups that mate with the angled bores machined into the hub shell. This design feature allows bearing/cup to be easily installed and removed from hub shell without any special tools. No more presses or hammers needed! Another attribute of the tapered bearing cup/angled hub shell bore design is how the bearings seat in the hub. The bearings/cups on each side of the hub shell are in perfect alignment with each other! This ensures superior bearing performance and less chance of premature wear.
-Hub shell and driver literally “float” on the axle. The only force on the bearings is supplied by the wave spring(which delivers the appropriate bearing pre-load needed for angular contact bearings). Tightening of axle bolts has absolutely no affect on the bearings!
* The bearings, wave spring, and shim(s) are secured on the axle by one retaining ring. The only tool used to assemble/disassemble the AC-2 hub is a pair of snap ring pliers!
* The proprietary Profile Racing 10 spline aluminum cassette body allows you to use our standard steel, Elite, or aluminum cogs ranging from 12t to 18t.
* The AC-2 BMX hub has a true 20mm bolt-on hollow aluminum axle.
* You have a choice of either 10mm socket head(steel or titanium), 10mm button head(steel or titanium), 15mm alum, or 20mm alum bolts when ordering your hub. This hub can be used with any standard chromoly, aluminum, or carbon frame.
* The Profile Racing AC-2 hub is manufactured from a high grade, aerospace quality billet aluminum.
* Front and Rear hubs sold separately.
* Ceramic Hybrid bearing option available for hub shell bearings.
* Standard BMX 110mm width.
* RHD only
* Made in the USA! #Yeehaw
Cogs: Steel 12t-18t, Elite 16t-18t, Alum 13t-18t
Bolts: 10mm socket head steel, 10mm socket head titanium, 10mm button head steel, 10mm button head titanium, 15mm aluminum, 20mm aluminum
Bearings: Steel 20mm angular contact, Ceramic Hybrid 20mm angular contact
Weight: 325g (weighed w/15mm bolts & no cog)
- Drive side flange diameter - 61mm
- Non-Drive side flange diameter - 48mm
- Axle width (Locknut to Locknut) 110mm
- Drive side flange to locknut - 27.5mm
- Non-Drive side flange to locknut - 20mm