Arriving April /May 2023
The evolution of winning continues with the Chase RSP 5.0 frame's latest itteration being a culmination of refinements and upgrades brought forward from the day Connor Fields first jumped on the RSP 1.0 and started his domination of BMX racing in the USA, and onto an Olympic gold medal. The RSP 5.0 shares its racing winning geometry traits with the carbon ACT 1.2 Chase frame, at a price that will let you throw all the best parts at it.
In fact, the RSP 5.0 is slightly off the ACT's game by being offered as a disc only frame with a redesign of the dropouts allowing for better clearance for a wide array of disc brake calipers, improving the overall braking performance, and now compatible for both post and flat mount disc brake system. Here at LUX we've witnessed the gradual move towards disc brake only frames and we are totally behind this design movement as it allows the youngest of riders to properly control their bike with a disc system requiring only a fraction of the finger strength that a conventional V-brake set up needs.
Additionally, the Chase RSP 5.0 Frames feature tapered headtube (Expert XL and above sizes), an Aero Seat Post tube, Enclosed Rear dropouts, Press Fit Bottom Brackets (Expert XL and Above), Triple and Double Butted tubes, Hydro and Muscle formed 7005 T6 Premium Ultralight tubing. RSP 5.0 Frames now feature a new internal cable routing from the ead Tube, through the down tube & bottom bracket, and exits out of the chainstay (Expert XL and larger), and for the Mini – Expert, the cable exits out of the bottom of the down tube. Internal routing keeps everything nice and tidy and combined with the lack of brake posts and mounts, gives the RSP 5.0 a super sleek look. Especially when it is paired with the new colours and graphics of this latest model.
The Expert XL Chase RSP 5.0 with it's 20"" top tube is a perfect size for the young taller (and lightweight) rider who doesn't necessarily require a ""pro"" sized from just yet. It undoubtably will turn your expert rider into a race winner as they follow their dreams to be the next Izaac Kennedy on BMX tracks across Australia. Kit it out with Ikon and Elevn components to reproduce the look, and race carving abilities of the Chase Pro riders' rides. With seven colour options available, there is plenty of chance to individualise your Chase RSP 5.0.
NOTE: These frames are available for Pre-Order and are arriving into Australia over two shipments. One in mid-April, the second shipment in mid-May. See individual frame listing for pending arrival date.
- Speedlite Alloy - Born from some of the best alloys for building BMX race bikes, our special 7005-T6 SpeedLite alloy is the perfect blend for our Hydroforming process, giving the RSP frames the core strength needed to produce unmatched speed on the track, while keeping the overall weight of the frame down to a minimum.
- Triple Butted Tubing - Chase utilizes the triple butting on our line of RSP 5.0 frames. A triple-butted tube means it has three different wall thicknesses along its length. Chase uses this technology to reduce the amount of material used when building the RSP 5.0 frame, decreasing its weight by 15% compared to last years frame tubes used to construct the frame. Lighter where it can be and stiffer where it needs to be means no excess weight on the bike that gives you an advantage with the RSP 5.0 frame and against the completion.
- Hydroformed tubes have two main advantages. First, the narrow axis is a flatter surface, which means more surface area to carry the load, so it is stiffer & stronger across the minor axis. Secondly, the deeper axis is stiffer since the stiffness varies to the cube of the diameter, stronger to the square. When using an oval shaped tube on a typical BMX frame it helps reduce flex but only in one direction, but on the Chase frames, the tubes are oval in both directions in the main flex areas and these tubes help reduce flex in both main directions.
- Tapererd Tubing - Chase utilises tapered tubing to offer you the most durable, yet light weight products, to help you achieve optimum results on the BMX race track. Our tapered items, use multiple thicknesses in the same tube, so the tube can be reinforced where needed with precision to help reduce stress areas where needed and lighten up the areas that don’t require extra materials. In aluminum the result are tube walls that eliminate stress points, boosting strength, reducing weight and improving fatigue life. The advantage is clear : Tapered tubes enhances strength and durability, at less weight.
- Enclosed dropouts - The Chase RSP 5.0 Frames feature an Fully enclosed, Extra long (2.3″ or 60mm) axle area slot, 10mm drop outs. The Enclosed system also houses an Internal system with built-in alloy tensioner, allowing you to use the full length of the dropout.